Wednesday, December 1, 2010

on the first day of Christmas,

my true love gave to me.....oops, sorry, it's actually the first day of advent. But Petaloo & Pink Paislee are celebrating 12 days of Christmas now with some Christmas eye goodies each day. Check it out here.


As for me, I'm decking the halls. Singing...

Tis the season to be cleaning Fa la la la la, la la la la
Don we now are gloves and aprons Fa la la la la, la la la la


And I can't carry a tune, so I feel a little sorry for the wee ones who have to hear it.


Last month my lovely daughter helped me with this altered project. I was already doing, but DebiT at 2peas has a basic grey challenge. And right as I was doing this, it was to make flowers from the bg papers. I didn't get these web-sized in time, but I did do a layout of GM helping me that I loaded onto 2ps. I'll post that here tomorrow.

Notice the flower from the punches and scrunched paper circle and then a vintage cream rose button.
The flowers were circles that were spiral cut and then rolled. (I loved all of the playing with the different techniques.)
This was the front of the box.
I made these to go in my kitchen as my darling hubby needed a place for his things and files without driving me crazy. And guess what he said, 'those are cute, but I'm not using them. They are way to girly.' and he knows if I laugh I won't get upset, he adds, 'I already have tendencies (gay), you don't want to push me over the edge.' OK, you win. I'll use the pretties, you get the ugly wire one to use. Works for me.

No comments: